The Jeweler's Eye
My photo
I am a jewelry designer and gemologist. I love creating beautiful heirloom jewelry for clients all over the world. In this blog, I feature many of my designs and current projects as well as articles about colored gemstones, diamonds and antique jewelry. As a historian and lover of antique and estate jewelry, I am often inspired by jewels from the past.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Spessartite Garnet Medicine Wheel Gem


4.18 carats Spessartite Garnet Medicine Wheel


This is a vibrant Spessartite Garnet from Nigeria, cut as a Medicine Wheel. I just love the brilliant orange hue of this dazzling gem, combined with the unusual facetting that creates a dramatic pattern.

I am often inspired to create a new design when I find a striking stone, such as this 4.18 cts Spessartite. The notches at the four points along the circumference would look lovely set with small triangular or round yellow sapphires, diamonds or tourmalines. What a fabulous combination !

The size of this spessartite (9.4 mm) would work best as a pendant, however, a ring could also be created with this stone, for someone that enjoys larger scale ring designs.

Another great feature of our Spessartite Medicine Wheel is that it is completely natural.....no treatments of enhancements, which in the gemstone world is quite an accomplishment !

If you find this striking spessartite enticing, it is available through our website gallery for $4,885.

There are endless design possibilities for this fabulous gem and I would love to help you create an exciting jewel featuring our Medicine Wheel Spessartite. Just send me an email to discuss options.


No comments: